1. (verb) (-ngia,-tia) to tend carefully, foster, attend to, care for, cherish.
Keeping you connected with what’s happening with the Board of Trustees and at the Centre
Donations needed :
- Good quality beautiful shrine cloths and fabrics of various colours for the Whare. Many of our old cloths have candle wax or stains on them, so it’s time to refresh our Whare Fabric Cupboard!
- A new quality electric kettle to replace the one in the main kitchen
- A dust buster for spaces like the Octagon and other small clean up jobs
If you can offer any of these items please contact Amber at the Centre
Volunteers needed :
- Fundraising sub-committee – A number of projects will be coming up that require fundraising and it would be great to have an enthusiastic team driving this. Please contact Tim Leyland email@example.com if you are interested
- Open Day at Wangapeka November 17th 2019 – The centre will be open to the wider community. A small group of people are needed to organise this. Please contact Jane Hobday to volunteer firstname.lastname@example.org
SAVE THE DATES
Wangapeka Maintenance Period, July 28-August 18. If you are interested in coming up to the centre to help out please contact our Office Caretaker, Amber at email@example.com
Nominations for Board Members
If you would like to join the board you will need to be nominated by a Trust member. Nominations can be emailed to our Secretary, Tim Leyland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pierre has recently resigned as board member and Treasurer. The Board would like to acknowledge the tremendous contribution he has made to the centre in this role. Although Pierre is stepping down as a trustee, he wishes to remain strongly involved in helping the WET in many areas. We deeply appreciate his continuing kindness and generosity.
Summary of Board of Trustees meeting 1 June 2019
New Caretaker team
The board welcomed the new Caretaker team, who are settling well into their roles.
The Maintenance Sub-committee have noted the need to look at problematic trees on the property, improvement to the electricity supply and the conversion of Mikes Tool shed into accommodation for 3 people.
There is a need for people to join this sub-committee. A number of projects will be coming up (as noted under Maintenance) that require fundraising and it would be great to have an enthusiastic team driving this.
The transition to a new communications team is progressing well. Wangapeka communications email address is now: email@example.com
Open Day November 17th 2019
The centre will be open to the wider community. A small group of people are needed to organise this.
Summary of Board of Trustees meeting 28 June 2019
Pierre Mitchell has resigned from his role as Treasurer on the board. The Board acknowledged his amazing contribution to the WET in this role for so many years.
There was a blockage in the sewer system, due to tree roots growing in the pipes. This was sorted by Patrick and the pipes are now clear. The Maintenance Sub committee will look at the next steps to take for a long-term solution to this ongoing issue.
Health and Safety
A Health and Safety Consultant Is visiting the centre next week to review the H&S practices.
The Maintenance Sub-committee has contacted Delta for a quote for power work. Brandon has begun on the big list of Maintenance jobs and the board acknowledged the great work he has done so far.
The communications team has been established and is working well.
AGM and Hui
The Board agreed to keep the membership fees the same at the AGM. The Hui is being planned by a team outside of the board.